- Internet Access
- Community Update
- Meal Delivery
- Legislature Passes Legislation Addressing COVID-19
- Community Update 3-27-2020
- The Ohio 'At Home Learning' initiative will include a full schedule of daily programming geared toward students in prekindergarten through grade 12 on Ohio PBS channels in every community starting on most stations Monday, March 30.
- Monday Food Pick-up 3-30-2020
- Brain Pop, Brainly and Scholastic Learn - Free Resources for School Closure
- Community Update 4-1-2020
- Community Update 4-8-2020
- Elmwood Community - 4-22-2020 - Governor DeWine has announced that school is closed for the remainder of the year.
- I am saddened by this decision, but understand why he made the decision he did.
- We will continue to run school remotely through the end of May.
In the coming days, I will give you lots of updates on wrapping up the year. Please stay tuned for further developments.
Please let your child know that everyone at school is thinking about them. Please reach out if we can be of assistance.
- As many of you know, several of our community groups and school organizations have come together to offer a food pantry for our community during this difficult time. Here is the additional time to access food moving forward:
4-30-2020 -The pantry will be open to all community members from 7-8 PM on Thursday evenings, beginning this Thursday (tomorrow). It will also be open on the nights we hand out meals to Free and Reduced lunch families (on Mondays) from 5-6 PM, with the hope that they can add needed items to what they are already receiving. The hope is that if we have community members in need, this will be a good resource for them as we continue our school year from home. Please enter through the high school entrance.
If you are interested in donating items, or would like to give a monetary donation, see the attached flyer. Click HERE . We have set up a Walmart registry, and will accept items and monetary donations (items are preferred so we can just meet to exchange). Stay healthy! We will all be back together soon! Community Group and Mr. Tony Borton, Superintendent
- 5-4-2020 - Food distribution is scheduled from 5 to 6 PM. The school will provide you with a week's worth of breakfasts and lunches if you need help and come to the school. Please enter through the high school entrance and staff will direct you where to go. The community food bank is also open and available.
- Staff will guide you when you enter the building. Cones will be set up so all in attendance can honor social distancing. Everyone is encouraged to wear masks while in the school building. If your family is in need please come and get some food for your family. If you have neighbors or friends in our community in need, please encourage them to utilize this resource. The Food Pantry will be open each Thursday from 7- 8 PM. Thank you and one final request is that you space yourself out more as you enter the building to make sure we are honoring social distancing.
- Coronavirus Resources - Student Related (immediate needs) -
- Students can call, text or chat with their local 211 to speak with a community resource specialist in the area who will help find services and resources that are available to families, including supplemental food and nutrition programs, shelter, utilities assistance, emergency information, employment, services for veterans, health care, rehabilitation programs, support groups, and resources for abuse.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- SAMHSA National Helpline 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline provides 24/7, 365 day-a-year crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters. 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUS to 66746 to connect with a trained crisis counselor.